For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.' - Jesus
- According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty
- Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.
- Today, approximately 20 percent of all children in the United States are living in poverty. ...approximately 57 percent of all children in the United States are currently living in homes that are either considered to be either "low income" or impoverished.
- At this point, approximately one out of every three children in the U.S. lives in a home without a father.
- 14.5 percent of U.S. households struggle to put enough food on the table. More than 48 million Americans—including 16.2 million children—live in these households.